Aaron Carter wants to be 'left alone' after straining orders
Aaron Carter wants to be "left alone" after allegations he threatened to kill his brother Nick's pregnant wife.
The 31-year-old singer has responded on social media after his brother and Backstreet Boys star Nick - and their sister Angel Conrad - both filed restraining orders against him.
Taking to Twitter with a lengthy statement, Aaron said: "I have never had thoughts of causing anyone pain, let alone taking anyone's life.
"It was hurtful for me to read those things because if these people really knew me, they would have never used that as a tactic to control me.
"What's actually more hurtful though, is knowing how effected my innocent nieces and nephews will be by choices the adults around them have made.
"With that in mind, I ask everyone to please leave me alone and let the legal system do their thing."
Nick claimed he was forced to take out a restraining order when Aaron allegedly threatened to kill his pregnant wife Lauren Kitt and unborn child.
Nick - who already has son Odin with Lauren - also said at the time that Aaron's twin sister Angel was planning to follow suit, and it seems she has now followed through as she filed documents for a domestic violence restraining order.
Giving his own take on the situation - after previously denying the claims - the 'I Want Candy' singer said he wouldn't take his fans' support "for granted".
He wrote: "I'm well aware many of you have shown concern for me over the past few weeks. Having people who genuinely care for you is something that should never be taken for granted.
"For as long as I can remember, I've chased unconditional love and hoped for true stability in my family. I've spent most of my adult life seeking validation from these same people.
"I started to get a chip on my shoulder when I kept coming up short on something that doesn't cost a thing. LOVE. All I want is Love. What has transpired recently does not represent my true wants or needs.
"I've been fighting fire with fire, something I still need to work on. Some have pointed and laughed, but many many more have shown genuine support for what I've been vulnerable enough to share.
"For the record: I'm okay. I'm simply choosing to no longer be controlled by fear. I don't fear my past. I do not fear the truth. I don't fear anyone but God."
Nick Carter revealed Tuesday on Twitter that he and his sister have sought a restraining order against their brother, Aaron Carter. "After careful consideration, my sister Angel and I regret that we were required to
Aaron Carter has claimed police officers tried to put him in a "straight jacket" over the weekend. The 'I Want Candy' hitmaker - who has revealed he's suffering from a number of mental illness and is
Aaron Carter has cancelled the rest of his tour. The 'I Want Candy' hitmaker has decided to axe all of the performances he has coming up for the rest of the year in order to "have
Aaron Carter continues to come clean. We've already been busy reporting this week on the 31-year-old singer's appearance on the daytime TV show The Doctors, but as we're learning now, there's even more to the
In 2017, Carter made headlines when he was arrested for driving under the influence and being in possession of drugs. His brother, Backstreet Boy singer Nick Carter, posted to Twitter following the incident: "To my brother:
More News in Entertainment
Billy Porter made history at the Emmys for being the first openly gay black man to win a lead actor Emmy but he also went viral for what looked like a serve of 'side-eye' to
Los Angeles [USA], Sept 23 (ANI): The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards took a break from celebrating the best in TV to pay tribute to the artists the industry has lost over the last year.Actor Regina
Meghan and Harry's first official trip to Africa together "isn't a holiday", as stated by a senior source who has been closely involved with planning the tour since March. In fact, upon arriving at Cape
MEGHAN plans to rediscover her love of cooking again on tour in South Africa - after she and Prince Harry started having meals delivered from the Queen's chef. The feasts are regularly driven from Windsor Castle
08:39 23/09/2019 Cape Town - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are scheduled to land in South Africa on Monday, bringing baby Archie along for their first official tour as a family. Prince